Parent to Parent Manawatu covers the area from Levin to Taihape and across to Dannevirke (Horowhenua, Manawatu & Whanganui)
Regional coordinator: Janine Morrah
Mobile: 020 4163 9455
Office Hours: Monday - Tuesday & Wednesday - Thursday 8.30am - 1.30pm
NOW & NEXT is a 4-day programme to help parents, whānau and carers develop skills to achieve positive outcomes for their child, family and self.
Now and Next has been developed by Sylvana Mahmic (CEO, Plumtree, Sydney Australia) and Dr Annick Janson (Clinical Psychologist and Positive Psychology Researcher, Raglan, New Zealand) and both are parents of young men who have a disability.
They developed this programme because they learnt that a positive vision and a focus on strengths is the best foundation for a child and family’s future.Programme overviewThe programme is delivered in 4 -day sessions (9:00am – 3:00pm) held over a 6-week period. Through fun and engaging activities, you will:
- identify a vision and write goals for your child, family and self;
- learn how to use our ‘goal to action’ tool to achieve 3 goals during the program;
- reflect on your child, personal and family strengths using the Now and Next Mindfulness colouring in book;
- identify your signature strengths and how to use them to achieve your goals;
- learn how to create positive and effective relationships with professionals;
- learn how to improve your child, family and personal well-being
Join us: Four sessions delivered over 6 weeks – 28 July, 4 August,18 August and 25 August, from 9am – 3pm
Click here for more information or contact:
Please note this programme is for anyone caring for a child that is 6 years or under.
Free to families. Funded by Mana Whaikaha in partnership with Parent to Parent.
A big thank you to the following organisations who have supported the Manawatu branch with donations and grants in 2018/19
Catholic Charities Foundation
COGS Manawatu / Horowhenua
Horowhenua District Council Community Funding
Palmerston North Community Service Council
Rehabilitation Welfare Trust
The Kingdom Foundation
The Page Trust
Thomas George Macarthy Trust
Trust House Foundation
Whanganui Community Foundation