Parents are invited to come along to share stories, approaches and tools that work for you, and learn new ones to try at home. Topics will include:
• What is resilience and why is it important?
• Inner and outer supports that build resilience
• How dads make a difference
• How Enabling Good Lives (EGL) principles strengthen resilience
• Easy ways to practise skills so your family can meet any challenge with confidence!
This event is facilitated by Karen Miles, Chief Executive of Parent to Parent; Brendon Smith, Regional Coordinator, Auckland West & Central; and Angela Ramos, Regional Coordinator, Auckland North. And did we mention, as a special resilience-building treat for families, you’ll also get to bang your own drum in an African drumming session hosted by Jimi Dale from Drumtalk?
Free of charge, thanks to funding from Care in the Community, Ministry of Social Development.